7.8.13

In response to the person who questioned what I was doing with my life

First of all. Why such critical and condoning tone? Why not such question posed with love or concern? What does it even mean to you? Does my life effect you in some way? Do I cause you pain? You say that I have no stability or foundation. What do you expect from me? I'd build a house if I knew where to put it. I'd make a home if it agreed with my heart. Both are not for lack of resource. I'm not an unwise and foolish penny-less vagrant.

Are they monuments, a wife and children? Are they things to erect on my lawn? Everything happens in its own time and I trust that everything works out as it should. So let it be.

You fail to see this journey I'm on. And I'm working it out slowly. I've been studying and I've been discovering, and I'm lost somewhere within the depths of me, the universe makes sense.

I've learned what it is to look through these eyes. I've stepped through the past and come to terms. I've held things in my hand and let them go. I've taken hurts and lies and thrown them into the light.

Because this journey is not about a destination. You see, it is so deep and amazing that we never truly arrive. It's not about milestones or trophies. It's not about accolades or comparisons. It's a personal and shared experience. Blessed are those that sink into it's weight, and feel it's endless bounds. Do you know what love is? Are you in awe of its power? It will collapse your knees!

So what about my years? So what if I'm thirty?

I am a deliberate man and I am deliberate in my actions.

So please don't criticize me when I can honestly say;

I am ready to love.






3 comments:

  1. Well said bro! I don't think that it's too stereotypical to suggest that those who get a bit upset about the prospect of free spirits are generally pretty uncomfortable about their own habitual situation. I'm sure it boils down to jealousy really - I know I feel a pang of the green stuff when I read about the awesome adventures of those who travel and what-not. P.S. It's entirely possible that I've taken this post entirely out of context! If this be the case, I apologise profusely to all involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on, Barry. Life is simple when you break it down, but we do a good job at making it complex. Life is brilliant, but we are professionals at making it ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post bro... Don't listen to the haters, you know in your heart what your doing and thats whats most important. No point in living "the life" if you can't live with yourself doing it.

    PS miss you mate its been too long, where you at now.

    ReplyDelete